Home » Audio » General » Universal Remotes
Universal Remotes [message #88018] Mon, 14 May 2018 03:28 Go to next message
rarerat is currently offline  rarerat
Baron
I had to buy a universal remote because having sux separate remotes was driving me mad. I was concerned about setting it up - but it was super easy in the end. It comes with codes for replacing most other remotes and my side table is less cluttered.

I bought a Harmony 650 by Logitech and it wasn't expensive - under $30.

What are the best universal remotes out there and WHY didn't I buy one sooner?
Re: Universal Remotes [message #94462 is a reply to message #88018] Mon, 20 September 2021 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
There's a nice Inteset remote that streamers and gamers might like because it has access to most devices. Smart TV and TV box are so famous nowadays, along with different kinds of gadgets. It's a smart move to buy a universal remote when considering long-term purchases.
Re: Universal Remotes [message #94493 is a reply to message #88018] Thu, 23 September 2021 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
The universal remotes I've seen had a higher price than that one. It would be hard to choose since they all work differently. Others come with another device, and I don't think that helps with reducing the clutter.
Re: Universal Remotes [message #94504 is a reply to message #88018] Sat, 25 September 2021 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I swear we have too many remotes too. One that turns the TV on, one that works the cable box, another that works for the Smart TV options. Oh and you can't forget the one that works the Firestick. I am looking into using an app on my phone for all of them.
Re: Universal Remotes [message #94510 is a reply to message #88018] Sun, 26 September 2021 00:42 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I have to replace the remote that came with my Dish Network service, and I think I should go high-end with the purchase. The higher the price, the more it does, and I don't really pay attention to the brand.
Previous Topic: Can All Instruments Perform Solo?
Next Topic: Noise pollution at home
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:57:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout