Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Enjoyed listening at LSAF
Enjoyed listening at LSAF [message #87941] Sat, 05 May 2018 17:04 Go to next message
MH Lumber is currently offline  MH Lumber
Esquire
Hi Wayne,

Just wanted to stop by and say how much I enjoyed my limited listening session to the Pi III (I think that was the model). Way better than I imagined by far! I liked them quite a lot!

Mike

Best regards,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
Re: Enjoyed listening at LSAF [message #87947 is a reply to message #87941] Sun, 06 May 2018 09:35 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks for stopping by!

http://LoneStarAudiofest.com/2018/Photos/Dsc_0009.jpg
three π mains with flanking subs at LSAF 2018

If you're free, come back today at 1:00pm. I'll be giving the "Crossover Electronics 101" seminar. It's a little like a condensed electronics tutorial, where I show how reactive circuits work. I also play some music through the loudspeaker circuits shown in the seminar so we can hear the effects of each crossover configuration.

It really helps to actually hear the effects of things shown in response graphs. We'll start off by going through some basic electronics and move quickly into things like low-order crossovers, high-order crossovers, resonance, peaking and damping. We'll look at various circuits and why they act as they do, and we'll see what happens at resonance and why that's important. We'll also look at various compensation circuits and dampers including Zobels.

Hope to see you there!

Previous Topic: Pi 3 Sub Plans Request
Next Topic: Questions about Pi Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:56:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers