Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Favorite Type of Music
Favorite Type of Music [message #87935] Fri, 04 May 2018 17:18 Go to next message
Soundcheck12 is currently offline  Soundcheck12
Chancellor
What's your music collection look like? Mine is pretty diverse. It runs the range today's music to rock & roll and soul from to the 1960s to classical. Guess I'm not too picky about what I like.
Re: Favorite Type of Music [message #87990 is a reply to message #87935] Wed, 09 May 2018 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Mine is pretty diverse as well. Lately I've been into French music like Dernière Danse by Indila and J'ai cherché by Amir. An old school friend came to visit from France and I picked up some tunes from her.
Re: Favorite Type of Music [message #88015 is a reply to message #87990] Sun, 13 May 2018 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
In addition to the music from abroad, I've been listening to my father's old vinyl records. He had quite the collection and most of them still play. Lots of Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Meatloaf and it's fascinating because it's new to me. I need to check out some contemporary stuff though. Which modern rock groups do you listen to today, Soundcheck12?
Re: Favorite Type of Music [message #88024 is a reply to message #87935] Wed, 16 May 2018 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
My collection is very eclectic too. I've never been drawn to one genre of music although I've known people who only/mainly listen to, for example, hard rock or blues. I have everything in my collection - from Gregorian chants to Bluegrass, and Pan-African to Polynesian Nose Flute music. I have all the more mainstream stuff as well!

Sam
Re: Favorite Type of Music [message #88034 is a reply to message #87935] Thu, 17 May 2018 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audiophil2 is currently offline  audiophil2
Chancellor
Don't really have one specific type that I listen to more than another. If something sounds good to me, I'll listen to it. I have everything from country to classical music.
Re: Favorite Type of Music [message #88203 is a reply to message #88034] Mon, 18 June 2018 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
For the last 10 years or so, reggae has roused my interest quite a bit. I'd gotten by with a Bob Marley album for decades, but there is so much more to the genre that just that one artist. Artist's such as Jackie Mittoo, Slim Smith, Horace Andy and a host of many more. I like the real early rock steady and lover's rock styles with a gap omitting ska, (just don't move me) to the most crucial decade of the 70's when the music blossomed.
Re: Favorite Type of Music [message #88220 is a reply to message #87935] Wed, 20 June 2018 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
The type of music I like to listen depends on the occasion or my mood. I listen to classical music like Mozart, Vivaldi, or Bach when I need to relax. I listen to love songs from the 90's when I'm with my sweetheart. I listen to Linkin Park when I need to vent off something where I can't shout out loud.
Re: Favorite Type of Music [message #88226 is a reply to message #88220] Thu, 21 June 2018 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I have all sorts of music...generally I like anything well recorded. If something is over mixed or compressed then I probably won't be interested in it.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Favorite Type of Music [message #88431 is a reply to message #87935] Fri, 13 July 2018 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lindzz is currently offline  Lindzz
Chancellor
I grew up listening to boybands, but I've definitely grown up since... I love country music, from Hank Williams to Tim McGraw and everything in between. I also enjoy rock, but mostly when it's at a concert with some good electric guitars.
Re: Favorite Type of Music [message #88524 is a reply to message #87935] Thu, 26 July 2018 10:35 Go to previous message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Whatever is currently popular then that is what I will listen to. I like all types of music, except for the music in which I cannot understand what the singer is saying like hip-hop.
Previous Topic: Is ska well liked in the US?
Next Topic: The Sound of A Quiet Place
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:53:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout