Home » Audio » Speaker » Portable Speakers for Travel
Portable Speakers for Travel [message #87925] Thu, 03 May 2018 05:12 Go to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
I often take business trips abroad which can last 3 - 4 weeks. Can anyone recommend speakers that would fit into my luggage and which are tough enough not to get damaged in transit? I have a budget of about $1000.

Sam
Re: Portable Speakers for Travel [message #87944 is a reply to message #87925] Sun, 06 May 2018 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rarerat is currently offline  rarerat
Baron
Friends that I go camping, hiking and on beach holidays with always bring along the speakers. They've just invested in the UE Roll 2 speakers by Ultimate Ears. They're pretty rugged as they get lugged about in a backpack. they're also waterproof. One of my friends travels on business like you and she takes these speakers with her in her suitcase.

It's round speaker, like a disc and has a great, crisp sound, it weighs 11.6oz and measures 5.3 x 1.6″ - I'm not sure if it's the type you were looking for, but it's a starter.
Re: Portable Speakers for Travel [message #87945 is a reply to message #87925] Sun, 06 May 2018 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
It's so easy to recharge batteries now. Prety much everywhere has power sockets so I'd definitely go with a Bluetooth speaker. My personal choice would be the "Charge 3" by JBL. It has a 20-hour battery life, great distortion-free sound, weighs less than 2lbs and travels well. It also charges your cell phone

Sam
Re: Portable Speakers for Travel [message #88107 is a reply to message #87925] Sun, 03 June 2018 03:41 Go to previous message
Humphries is currently offline  Humphries
Chancellor
The Denon Envaya speaker is a great one. It's really durable and lightweight enough for travel. I think it's pretty high-quality for a portable speaker. The treble isn't great though. That's not a deal breaker for me but it might be for you. It's also reasonably priced.
Previous Topic: Mixing Brands
Next Topic: Replacing The Subwoofer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:38:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout