Home » Audio » Speaker » Speaker wires
Speaker wires [message #87910] Mon, 30 April 2018 10:50 Go to next message
audiophil2 is currently offline  audiophil2
Chancellor
Anyone still run speaker wire or has it gone the way of wireless? When wireless wasn't around, the quality and length of speaker wires matter a great deal because the sound quality was only as good was what was being carried from the receiver/amp to the speaker.
Re: Speaker wires [message #87912 is a reply to message #87910] Mon, 30 April 2018 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I use wired connections wherever audio quality matters. It's kind of like connection speed using Wifi versus wired-ethernet: Wireless connections are great for convenience but you lose performance in the trade.

Re: Speaker wires [message #87917 is a reply to message #87910] Tue, 01 May 2018 12:38 Go to previous message
Soundcheck12 is currently offline  Soundcheck12
Chancellor
I still run speaker wire, too. As convenient as wireless is, when sound travels through wire, there's a consistency that you get in the sound quality that can't be duplicated with wireless. My only problem is I'm not very good at wire management so sometimes things get a little messy. Smile
Previous Topic: Advise on speaker choice and questions
Next Topic: Mixing Brands
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:39:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout