Home » Audio » Radio » Knobs and Dials
Knobs and Dials [message #87890] Sat, 28 April 2018 20:11 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I need knobs for three different radios that are no longer in production. I can't cannibalize knobs from a different radio, I've tried. Where do you all get your dials and knobs? I've checked on Ebay and can't find what I'm after. What about Radio Daze or Renovated Radios? Are either of them reliable?
Re: Knobs and Dials [message #87894 is a reply to message #87890] Sun, 29 April 2018 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Try Antique Radio Supply. I've bought lots of stuff from them over the years, like knobs, escutcheons and grille cloth fabric.

Re: Knobs and Dials [message #87899 is a reply to message #87894] Sun, 29 April 2018 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I get stuff from their commercial side as well. Good folks. They may still be printing a catalog ...worth asking. A great source for guitar parts and bare guitar speakers as well.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Knobs and Dials [message #87924 is a reply to message #87890] Thu, 03 May 2018 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
Antique Radio Supply is a great place. I've used them once or twice, my dad swears by them. He (dad) also trawls garage sales and house clearances - it's a bit hit and miss, but he's sometimes found little radio gems that he could not otherwise source.

Sam
Re: Knobs and Dials [message #87929 is a reply to message #87924] Thu, 03 May 2018 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Thanks for pointing me towards a reputable online store. Before Radio Shack closed up shop, I could always head there for parts and doodads. What they didn't have on hand, the manger would order and half the time they could fix whatever was wrong for a fee.
Re: Knobs and Dials [message #88093 is a reply to message #87890] Wed, 30 May 2018 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kinsley is currently offline  Kinsley
Chancellor
Ah, Radio Shack. I really miss that place sometimes. Were you able to find what you needed at Antique Radio Supply? If not, I have a friend who used Radio Daze in the past and she had a good experience with them.
Re: Knobs and Dials [message #88254 is a reply to message #87890] Tue, 26 June 2018 12:16 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I still think Radio Shack should have "re-purposed" their brand and turned into a niche company. Get an online precence and just marry the old with the new.
Previous Topic: Escaping the echo chamber
Next Topic: All Night Talk Radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:15:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout