Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Mid-horn Plans request (Mid-horn)
Mid-horn Plans request [message #87863] Mon, 23 April 2018 16:42 Go to next message
joebuddyguy is currently offline  joebuddyguy
Esquire
Hello,

I've been lurking on this forum for quite some time and figured that it was time to register and post.

I am planning on building a rather ambitious 3-way speaker using a JBL 2384 horn, 2453H-SL compression driver, hopefully this mid-horn Surprised and either an array of 12s, pair of 15s or a 21 for the LF. I'd like to try my hand at building the mid-horn and if I fail miserably I can order the flat packs lol. Wayne, can you please send me the plans? Thanks in advance!

Also, is it the DELTA10A or DELTA10B I should be mating to this horn?

Re: Mid-horn Plans request [message #87865 is a reply to message #87863] Mon, 23 April 2018 18:58 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Midhorn plans are shown in the links below. They're conical horns, meaning they use straight-sided walls in the horn flare. That makes them relatively easy to build. I'd suggest making a mock-up with cardboard, and then use your cardboard pieces as a template to cut your wood.

You can use either the Delta 10A or Delta 10B, depending on the impedance you desire. We only use 8Ω drivers in any of our models. So our crossovers are designed to use the Delta 10A.

Information about the midrange horn used in our constant-directivity cornerhorns can be found in the following threads:
Previous Topic: Pi one
Next Topic: pi 10" midrange horn plan request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:30:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout