Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Roll call - which instruments do you play?
Roll call - which instruments do you play? [message #87854] Sat, 21 April 2018 23:37 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Which instruments do you know how to play? Which ones were the most difficult to learn?

I can play the piano and xylophone. I've never been able to master the harmonica, even though it's supposed to be easy to learn.
Re: Roll call - which instruments do you play? [message #87876 is a reply to message #87854] Tue, 24 April 2018 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I regularly play the guitar and drums. I learned how to play classical guitar as a kid, but I've branched out over the year into different styles. I can play the drums and similar instruments like the bongos. I know how to play the piano, but I don't play it often. I started on the trumpet in band as a kid, but had to switch to something else because I couldn't get it down.
Re: Roll call - which instruments do you play? [message #88066 is a reply to message #87854] Tue, 22 May 2018 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kinsley is currently offline  Kinsley
Chancellor
The xylophone is a cool one. It's on my list of instruments I'd like to learn how to play. I can play guitar and the banjo. I'm decent on drums but there's still a lot of room for growth. I used to play the piano all the time when I was in school but it's been a hot minute since I've played.
Re: Roll call - which instruments do you play? [message #88078 is a reply to message #87854] Sat, 26 May 2018 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
utopia is currently offline  utopia
Chancellor
I can play the piano, violin, handbell, and guitar. I'm decent on the drums but I can't do anything too involved. I'm working on learning a handful of other instruments as well right now. Out of the ones I know how to play, I think the guitar was most challenging for me because I had to get over some dexterity issues.
Re: Roll call - which instruments do you play? [message #89117 is a reply to message #87854] Thu, 08 November 2018 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duks is currently offline  Duks
Chancellor
I played drums and violin in high school. I wasn't exactly an expert but I was better than most. I'm pretty sure my skills have diminished severely though because it has been quite a number of years since I last played any of them.
Re: Roll call - which instruments do you play? [message #89399 is a reply to message #87854] Tue, 18 December 2018 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
I tried to learn how to play drums while in college and it proved to be the most difficult instrument to master. The piano was pretty much easier to learn as opposed to the guitar which is the latest one on my list. Once I am done, I will embark on saxophone lessons.
Re: Roll call - which instruments do you play? [message #89416 is a reply to message #87854] Thu, 20 December 2018 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
Lost the Remote wrote on Sat, 21 April 2018 23:37

I've never been able to master the harmonica, even though it's supposed to be easy to learn.
I can't play it either and I don't usually struggle to pick up instruments. My lips would go numb when I tried to tongue block and I couldn't position myself correctly. I can jam on the electric and acoustic guitars. I can play the piano and organ. My drum kit is the one I play most often. No harmonica though, definitely no harmonica.
Re: Roll call - which instruments do you play? [message #89423 is a reply to message #89416] Fri, 21 December 2018 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Lilbill, the saxophone is such a versatile instrument and I love jazz music, so I might try it someday too. Good luck to you!

Musicluvr, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. The piano is an easy instrument to play. You've got to learn how to read the music and hit the right keys. With the harmonica, it's all the above plus mouth movement and breathing techniques. It's a tough one! I know three harmonica players and all of them swear it's easy to master.
Re: Roll call - which instruments do you play? [message #89476 is a reply to message #87854] Wed, 02 January 2019 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
I can play...the recorder, I think. I attempted to learn the piano and I sucked. So much for it being easy to learn Laughing Way back in the dark ages I used to sort of play the trumpet. A noise came out of the instrument, but I wouldn't really call it music if you know what I mean.
Re: Roll call - which instruments do you play? [message #89538 is a reply to message #87854] Thu, 10 January 2019 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I can play the guitar (both acoustic and electric), piano and saxophone really well though it has been a while since I did so. I would love to learn how to play the violin someday.
Previous Topic: The Intellectual People Podcast - Founder/CEO Chuck Surack of Sweetwater.com
Next Topic: The Intellectual People Podcast - KLOS Guitars
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:53:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout