Home » Audio » Source » connect tuner from receiver to integrated amp
connect tuner from receiver to integrated amp [message #12423] Sun, 07 August 2005 04:16 Go to next message
Carlos Banha is currently offline  Carlos Banha
Esquire
Could some one help me to connect the tuner of my Denon DRA-385RD to a the Prima Luna P.2?

Re: connect tuner from receiver to integrated amp [message #12424 is a reply to message #12423] Sun, 07 August 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What is a denon DRA-385RD? If it is a tuner, run a pair of interconnects from the tuners out to the in of the pre or integrated. If it is a receiver, set its switching as if you were going to record fm except instead of plugging into your tape deck, plug it in an input on the pre. Its the same signal, it will just be going into your pre ( or integrated) input instead of the tape deck. Is this what you mean?

Russellc

Re: connect tuner from receiver to integrated amp [message #12429 is a reply to message #12424] Sun, 07 August 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carlos Banha is currently offline  Carlos Banha
Esquire
it is a receiver. Could I damage the integrated amp If I connect the tape rec of the receiver to an aux input on the integrated amp?
Thanks

Re: connect tuner from receiver to integrated amp [message #12438 is a reply to message #12429] Mon, 08 August 2005 18:08 Go to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I assumed one of the devices was a preamp. Hmmm if both devices contain a preamp and an amplifier you don't want to send a signal that has been stepped up by a pre amp into the input of an integrated. However, usually the signal that is coming from a units tape out is not a "preamplified" signal, it is just the signal coming from, (lets say a cd player) that is being switched to the input of the tape player. That being the case, it should be fine for that signal to input into an aux of the receiver/integrated amp. In your case, it sounds like you wish to use the tuner from your receiver as a source for your integrated. since it is not a stand alone tuner, I can't say for sure that the signal that originates with the receivers tuner section and is switched out its tape isnt "preamplified" or not, but to me it would make no sense for it to be that way. It should be the basic signal from the tuner section, (not preamplified yet) just switched out to a tape decks input, except you are putting it into the pre in of an integrated. If you try it (might want to check with the manufacturer)
keep your integrateds volume very low. I have never owned a receiver, can you set the tape switching so as to record from its own tuner? If so, I think this will work fine....anyone else see a problem?

Russellc

Previous Topic: Straight vs. S-shaped Tonearms
Next Topic: AR mods: Merrill sub chassis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 21:32:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers