Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » What's the Best Live Act You've Seen?
What's the Best Live Act You've Seen? [message #87799] Thu, 12 April 2018 03:40 Go to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
It doesn't have to be your favorite - but the best for some specific reason or overall impression.

Mine was seeing "The Rolling Stones" in 2002 in Marseilles on their 40 Licks Tour. I'd seen them quite a few times already - but this time their support band was the Stereophonics and I became a fan. It was a great bonus to a great gig.

Sam
Re: What's the Best Live Act You've Seen? [message #87841 is a reply to message #87799] Tue, 17 April 2018 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elerie90 is currently offline  Elerie90
Chancellor
Oh, that's such a hard question! I'd have to say The Black Keys. They have great intensity and know how to make the crowd go wild. It was just a super vibrant, energetic show.

I would love to see The Rolling Stones and/or Stereophonics! That sounds like a great concert.
Re: What's the Best Live Act You've Seen? [message #88257 is a reply to message #87841] Wed, 27 June 2018 11:04 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Most of my favorite moments in live music are from more than a couple of decades past, when I took advantage of a unique point of time where I live when blues was riding a wave of popularity. I'll never forget seeing the legend Albert Collins walking atop the bar playing his ax, then getting down and walking outside the venue, playing out in the street. Seeing Stevie Ray Vaughn for a few bucks at a tiny music hole before he was famous. Albert King, BB King, John Lee Hooker, Little Charley and the Night Cats, The Nighthawks and many more. Them's were my club'n day's I say now. Had to endure smoke filled rooms thick as a London fog. Staying up into the we hours, and knocking back a bit too many brews. Pleasant memories now. It'd kill me now doing that stuff.
Previous Topic: Why Is Sleep Needed?
Next Topic: Music in our Lives
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:55:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout