Home » Audio » Movies & Music » A Battle of the 90's Cult Classics
icon5.gif  A Battle of the 90's Cult Classics [message #87693] Thu, 05 April 2018 13:09 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master

Battle of the Cult Classics[ 9 votes ]
1. Clueless 2 / 22%
2. Clerks 0 / 0%
3. Fight Club 3 / 33%
4. Scream (franchise) 0 / 0%
5. Pulp Fiction 1 / 11%
6. Mallrats 0 / 0%
7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer 0 / 0%
8. Other 3 / 33%

I've started binge watching the hit movies of the 1990s and figured I'd post a poll to determine which cult classic reigns supreme. Pulp Fiction seemed weirder this time around and I didn't enjoy it. It's odd because I loved the movie when it first came out. It's hard to choose, but I guess my vote is for Fight Club due to the catchy phrases I still remember word for word.
Re: A Battle of the 90's Cult Classics [message #87703 is a reply to message #87693] Thu, 05 April 2018 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouroboros is currently offline  Ouroboros
Chancellor
Those are all great movies and I almost gave my vote to Fight Club. Then I remembered that Office Space came out in 1999 and I think I'm going to have to give the crown to it. I still watch that movie pretty regularly and laugh every single time.
Re: A Battle of the 90's Cult Classics [message #87707 is a reply to message #87693] Thu, 05 April 2018 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EParkes is currently offline  EParkes
Chancellor
I've never even heard of Mallrats before. I voted for Clueless, but that's before I realized that you included Buffy. If television shows are included, then I'd have to give it to The X Files or maybe even Twin Peaks.
Re: A Battle of the 90's Cult Classics [message #87713 is a reply to message #87693] Thu, 05 April 2018 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khanman is currently offline  Khanman
Chancellor
I'm with you, Strum Drum. Fight Club takes the gold medal for me. Clerks and Office Space are both really awesome too. They just don't stand on the same level as Fight Club, if you ask me. Wayne's World and The Big Lebowski get honorable mentions.
Re: A Battle of the 90's Cult Classics [message #87718 is a reply to message #87693] Fri, 06 April 2018 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jungle is currently offline  Jungle
Chancellor
You all have mentioned a lot of stellar movies, but the crown has got to go to Pulp Fiction. I don't know what it is about that movie but, shoot, it's great. Every actor/actress in that movie acted their hearts out. I know people are starting to say that they never liked it and it's not a great movie, but I heartily disagree.
Re: A Battle of the 90's Cult Classics [message #87725 is a reply to message #87693] Fri, 06 April 2018 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shadowplay is currently offline  shadowplay
Chancellor
I chose other because "All of them" wasn't an option. Seriously, they're all great, including the ones everyone has added to the list. Although, moment of truth here, I've never seen Buffy. I know, I'm a terrible '90s kid. Does anyone know if it's available to stream anywhere?
Re: A Battle of the 90's Cult Classics [message #87726 is a reply to message #87693] Fri, 06 April 2018 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wren is currently offline  Wren
Chancellor
I voted for "other" because I couldn't choose between these movies and some other great movies that I loved from the '90s. I don't really know what exactly makes something a "cult classic" but these are some of my favorite films from the '90s that I think fit:

- Reservoir Dogs
- Dazed and Confused
- The Boondock Saints
- Angus
- The Cable Guy
- The Sandlot

For you all who were confused about whether or not TV shows were included because Buffy the Vampire Slayer was on the list, it was a movie first.
Re: A Battle of the 90's Cult Classics [message #87738 is a reply to message #87693] Sat, 07 April 2018 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elerie90 is currently offline  Elerie90
Chancellor
I'm giving it to Clueless, hands down. I have to be honest with you all though...the only other movies I've seen on this list are Fight Club and the Scream movies.
Re: A Battle of the 90's Cult Classics [message #87833 is a reply to message #87738] Mon, 16 April 2018 22:36 Go to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I forgot about Buffy the Vampire Slayer! That was a fantastic movie, but it had a different star - Kristy Swanson. Luke Perry was her love interest and I believe Donald Sutherland was the leading vampire meanie. Pee Wee Herman was one of the vampires too. The film was total camp. I need to watch it again.
Previous Topic: What artist got you into music?
Next Topic: Favorite Premium Channel Shows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:20:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout