Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Shapes of acoustic panels
Shapes of acoustic panels [message #87656] Mon, 02 April 2018 23:58 Go to next message
J.Jacobs is currently offline  J.Jacobs
Chancellor
I was just looking at Jungle's thread here and the triangle panels reminded of these acoustic panels that I stumbled across the other day. Would the shape of these panels, hanging as they are in the photographs, have any effect on the acoustics or would it merely be an aesthetic choice?
Re: Shapes of acoustic panels [message #88230 is a reply to message #87656] Fri, 22 June 2018 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It looks like they serve both purposes. The way they are placed though, I think they were going for style over functionality. That's fine for what it is because they are commercial applications.

For the home though, I wouldn't do that.
Re: Shapes of acoustic panels [message #88403 is a reply to message #87656] Mon, 09 July 2018 06:23 Go to previous message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
I have the same question when I went inside a concert hall. The wood panels in that hall were shaped in hexagons. The shape might have something to do with the reflection of sound and the direction where it reflects it.
Previous Topic: Wood or Carpet Flooring
Next Topic: Small-room acoustics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:33:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout