Home » Audio » Source » CS508 Lift problems resolved...
CS508 Lift problems resolved... [message #12413] Tue, 02 August 2005 21:15 Go to next message
Jsmith is currently offline  Jsmith
Chancellor
Thanks to a little motivation from you guys, I got the lift to operate. Im not sure why but the arm that controlled the lift pin was out of alignment. I removed the arm and reset it and eurika, the lift now functions.. Once again, thanks to manualblock and Russellc for the input. Now to change the cartridge...

Thanks again guys!

Re: CS508 Lift problems resolved... [message #12416 is a reply to message #12413] Wed, 03 August 2005 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
A little effort pays off. Sounds like you're on your way to a rehabilitated table. I think the cartridge replacement and alignment will make a large difference.

Russellc

Re: CS508 Lift problems resolved... [message #12417 is a reply to message #12416] Wed, 03 August 2005 21:14 Go to previous message
Jsmith is currently offline  Jsmith
Chancellor
I did run into one small snag... The cs508 used the TKS cartridge mounting system.. I am having some problems finding an adapter at a reasonable cost. I am still trying to decide if this table is worth the money. I have around 50 bucks in it already, after adapter and cartridge that will be somewhere around 175, table was only 169 new. But the tables that can be had in the sub 200 dollar range are just terrible. Way worse than this one.

Previous Topic: Bypassing Output Stage?
Next Topic: spares Luxman PD350
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:12:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout