Home » Audio » Home Theater » Furniture influence on sound
Re: Furniture influence on sound [message #88664 is a reply to message #88644] Fri, 10 August 2018 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Floyd is currently offline  Floyd
Chancellor
JazzHog wrote on Thu, 09 August 2018 17:50
Go for large, comfortable squishy sofas. Not only are they comfortable to lounge on, but they will not have a detrimental effect on the sound either.

That's exactly what I have. Only trouble is they are always full of the family cats, clawed to bits, and look like they are about to fall apart.

I'm going to have to start looking around for some new ones.

Large tables are definitely to be avoided for good sound, go for little occasional tables instead.

I don't think the cats interfere with the sound quality - except when the younger one tries to chew through the cables.
Re: Furniture influence on sound [message #88666 is a reply to message #88664] Fri, 10 August 2018 15:49 Go to previous message
JazzHog is currently offline  JazzHog
Baron
Floyd wrote on Fri, 10 August 2018 13:45

I don't think the cats interfere with the sound quality - except when the younger one tries to chew through the cables.

Have you thought about covering your cables? You can buy some tubular plastic that can be fitted round cables, and this stops pets from chewing them. It is also good for keeping cables together if they are going in the same direction, rather than having them separate.
Previous Topic: Hiding The Cables
Next Topic: Window Panes Breaking With Loud Sounds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:51:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout