Home » Audio » Radio » Talk Radio
Re: Talk Radio [message #87739 is a reply to message #87578] Sat, 07 April 2018 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elerie90 is currently offline  Elerie90
Chancellor
It sounds like more people listen to talk radio than I thought! Wayne, you are one of the few people I know that listen to talk radio and not NPR.

I didn't know about the stuff going down with Sinclair stations. They're sure full of themselves, aren't they? I feel like the answer is going to be something I should know, but which historical events are you talking about, Bruce?
Re: Talk Radio [message #87744 is a reply to message #87739] Sat, 07 April 2018 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Any time a group tries to control the media to influence what "news" is heard by a large segment of the population it reminds me of Germany in the 1930-1940s and Russia even now. I am not confortable with the direction this seems to be heading.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Talk Radio [message #87994 is a reply to message #87578] Wed, 09 May 2018 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audiophil2 is currently offline  audiophil2
Chancellor
I used to listen to talk radio but after a while, the hosts would say the same thing, only using different words. The repetition got to me so I no longer tune it.
Re: Talk Radio [message #88366 is a reply to message #87578] Fri, 06 July 2018 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Floyd is currently offline  Floyd
Chancellor
If I want to listen to talk radio, then I listen to BBC Radio 4 (I am in the UK, by the way). Radio 4 is really good for news and analysis, and does some good interviews with politicians and the like.

They also have some good comedy such as "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue", "Just A Minute" and "Dead Ringers". They even do a News Quiz!
Re: Talk Radio [message #88424 is a reply to message #88366] Tue, 10 July 2018 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Yes, talk radio, particularly the syndicated kind seems to be merely propaganda for political extremism. Branching out to other media as well. Follow the money is the normal realization.
Re: Talk Radio [message #88452 is a reply to message #88366] Mon, 16 July 2018 16:48 Go to previous message
JazzHog is currently offline  JazzHog
Baron
Floyd wrote on Fri, 06 July 2018 16:57
If I want to listen to talk radio, then I listen to BBC Radio 4 (I am in the UK, by the way). Radio 4 is really good for news and analysis, and does some good interviews with politicians and the like.

They also have some good comedy such as "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue", "Just A Minute" and "Dead Ringers". They even do a News Quiz!

Yes, I listen to Radio 4 pretty much every day, off and on. I agree that it is good for news and a bit of comedy, but also it can be pretty glum.

Once I have got the news from Radio 4 (early morning), then I tend to move on to some of the music stations, like Radio 1, Radio 2, and some of the Absolute Radio stations.
Previous Topic: Sirius Radio Stations
Next Topic: Need to invest in new radio - which make?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:35:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio