Home » xyzzy » Tower » How do you feel about Facebook?
How do you feel about Facebook? [message #87514] Fri, 23 March 2018 14:20 Go to next message
Khanman is currently offline  Khanman
Chancellor
With all the legal issues Facebook has been having lately, I've been considering just giving it up altogether. I don't do a whole lot on there anyway. I mainly just use it to keep up with what's happening in other people's lives. I don't think that's worth letting them have access to so much data about me. Do you think Facebook's spot will be overtaken by another one of the social media platforms out there? Or do you think they'll hold on despite all of this?
Re: How do you feel about Facebook? [message #87521 is a reply to message #87514] Fri, 23 March 2018 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I have a minimalist site on it, but really don't bother with it. I routinely delete the notifications from it. It certainly would not hurt my feeling to have it go away. The world might be a better place if it did. At least there would be one less way to put out bogus information. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: How do you feel about Facebook? [message #87539 is a reply to message #87514] Sun, 25 March 2018 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shadowplay is currently offline  shadowplay
Chancellor
I rarely use my Facebook account as it is. I have minimal information on there and it doesn't really bother me that Facebook has access to what I have on there. As an extra precaution though, I make sure to sign out of Facebook as soon as I get off of it so that it doesn't track my web activity.
Re: How do you feel about Facebook? [message #87543 is a reply to message #87514] Sun, 25 March 2018 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khanman is currently offline  Khanman
Chancellor
I'm with you, Bruce. I don't think I'd care all too much if Facebook just went away. It's not like I couldn't keep up wth my friends some other way.

Shadowplay, I turned off the customized ad option because that freaked me out. I never really thought about how they're probably still keeping all of that data. I'll have to remember to sign out of it. I never do.
Re: How do you feel about Facebook? [message #87556 is a reply to message #87514] Mon, 26 March 2018 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J.Jacobs is currently offline  J.Jacobs
Chancellor
To be honest, I don't feel anything about Facebook. I don't even know why I still have my account. An ex made me make it, for some reason I can't remember anymore, and I've never gotten around to deleting it. I don't know if another social media platform is going to be able to take their place...I think we could run into the same problems with any of the others though.
Re: How do you feel about Facebook? [message #87585 is a reply to message #87514] Tue, 27 March 2018 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouroboros is currently offline  Ouroboros
Chancellor
I have hundreds of friends on Facebook, but anytime I check it I see the same 20 people posting their hearts out. I think most people only use it to check in on people or things going on near them, not to actively post on it. All of the above posts are pretty much telling me the exact same thing. I think Facebook is on its way out, personally. The data breach might just speed things along.
Re: How do you feel about Facebook? [message #87771 is a reply to message #87514] Mon, 09 April 2018 03:28 Go to previous message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
I've never had a Facebook account. Sometimes I felt as though I was missing out when friends organized an event together on the site. I was often the last to hear about it and it could feel like I was an afterthought.

However, I resisted joining and I don't know why. Just me being bloody-minded I suppose.

Sam
Previous Topic: 2018
Next Topic: I hate winter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:20:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers