Home » Audio » Speaker » Concrete speakers
Concrete speakers [message #87489] Wed, 21 March 2018 01:30 Go to next message
Khanman is currently offline  Khanman
Chancellor
I was reading another topic on here about the effects concrete rooms have on audio systems. It reminded me of something I saw the other day, some concrete speakers from Concrete Audio. I haven't seen anything like them before. I get the pros: they look cool and they would help any vibrating from the speakers. But would there be some downsides to using them as well?
Re: Concrete speakers [message #87509 is a reply to message #87489] Fri, 23 March 2018 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jungle is currently offline  Jungle
Chancellor
I have never listened to music from concrete speakers, so I can't speak from experience, but I don't know what the downsides would be from an audio perspective. The only downside I can think of is how heavy they must be.
Re: Concrete speakers [message #87535 is a reply to message #87489] Sun, 25 March 2018 13:51 Go to previous message
Ouroboros is currently offline  Ouroboros
Chancellor
I've heard of these before, though not specifically from this company (that I can recall, at least). I've never read anything negative about them. I've only seen positive reviews about how it helps to limit the vibrations. I think they might have talked about other benefits as well, but that is the only one I can recall.
Previous Topic: Speakers On A Porch
Next Topic: Dampening Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:28:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout