Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore
Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore [message #87478] Sun, 18 March 2018 19:15 Go to next message
EParkes is currently offline  EParkes
Chancellor
I'm sure we've all been guilty of having a song we don't like stuck in our heads. This happens to me on a regular basis. Actually, sometimes the fact that it gets stuck in my head for so long actually makes me dislike the song. That's how I ended up not being a huge fan of Adele. Her songs are catchy (making them easy to repeat over and over in my head) and they were also way overplayed at the beginning of her career. So, the instant a song of her's would get out of my head, I would hear it on the radio and then the cycle would repeat. What songs or artists have had this effect on you?
Re: Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore [message #87490 is a reply to message #87478] Wed, 21 March 2018 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khanman is currently offline  Khanman
Chancellor
There are a few of them. I'll be real...some of the songs that get stuck in my head, man, I have no idea where they come from. For example, I don't listen to "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus pretty much ever, and never voluntarily. I haven't heard it recently. But for whatever godforsaken reason, that song popped in my head earlier today. It's probably going to come back now that I'm talking about it.
Re: Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore [message #87495 is a reply to message #87478] Wed, 21 March 2018 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EParkes is currently offline  EParkes
Chancellor
It's funny (but also super frustrating) how it's usually the most random songs that worm their way into your subconscious. It's rarely the music I listen to on a regular basis, you know? Out of curiosity, do you find yourself knowing the lyrics to those songs? I swear, I always seem to pull lyrics out of nowhere, even when they're songs I rarely ever listen to. Then again, maybe I'm just making them up on the spot and they're completely wrong.
Re: Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore [message #87540 is a reply to message #87478] Sun, 25 March 2018 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shadowplay is currently offline  shadowplay
Chancellor
I don't necessarily hate songs because they get stuck in my head. I usually hate songs because they're overplayed and them getting stuck in my head is just a consequence of that. Taylor Swift can be super catchy and, I'll admit it, I usually really enjoy her songs (as a guilty pleasure) when they're first released. But every single song gets played to death. Sort of like your situation with Adele, but worse because Swift has so many songs out all the time. I can't escape her.
Re: Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore [message #87691 is a reply to message #87540] Thu, 05 April 2018 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
It's been a while since Pharrell's Happy was popular, but it took ages to get the hook out of my head

"(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do"

Actually, just typing that out has made the earworm return.
Re: Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore [message #87704 is a reply to message #87478] Thu, 05 April 2018 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouroboros is currently offline  Ouroboros
Chancellor
Dang it, Madison. Now I'm never going to be able to get that song out of my head. It's way too catchy. I wouldn't have thought of that song off the top of my head though because it never really annoyed me too much. It's just too, well, happy. The song "Poker Face" probably takes a top ten spot for me. It's so easy to get it stuck in my head, even though I absolutely hate it.
Re: Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore [message #88532 is a reply to message #87478] Fri, 27 July 2018 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
And I was like baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Like baby, baby, baby oh
I thought you'd always be mine (mine)

I guess many of us know this song. I really don't like it, but whenever I hear that song, then my feet and lips will just go along like the song is hypnotizing me to sing also.
Re: Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore [message #88623 is a reply to message #87478] Wed, 08 August 2018 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lindzz is currently offline  Lindzz
Chancellor
I was just thinking Justin Bieber. It's a (not so) guilty pleasure of mine. I like some of his songs and I've been to his concert. But some of his most popular songs I have played way too much and have been played on the radio way too much as well. Like his song Sorry, I used to love it, but now I definitely skip it when it comes on.
Re: Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore [message #93999 is a reply to message #87478] Fri, 09 July 2021 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
I get Let It Go stuck in my head all the time. For me, it's one of those songs that's such an earworm. My cousin is the right age to be listening to that song constantly...I feel sorry for her parents!
Re: Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore [message #94107 is a reply to message #87478] Tue, 27 July 2021 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
There isn't any specific catchy song that I've grown sick of. I tend to change up my music a lot, so there's nothing that I get tired of particularly quickly. There's always some new song to enjoy!
Previous Topic: The Room
Next Topic: Luca
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:04:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout