Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Are there any brands you refuse to work on?
Are there any brands you refuse to work on? [message #87465] Fri, 16 March 2018 21:26 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Are there any brands you've washed your hands of when considering projects like repairs or adjustments? Too complicated, too expensive, too hard to find parts? I'm curious because I have a hard time finding "fixers". Could be what I'm buying though.
Re: Are there any brands you refuse to work on? [message #87467 is a reply to message #87465] Sat, 17 March 2018 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Brands...not so much....but anything made in the past few years as most use proprietary integrated circuits and surface mounted components. Neither of which is fun to try to diagnose and repair.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Are there any brands you refuse to work on? [message #87469 is a reply to message #87467] Sat, 17 March 2018 19:40 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
That might be my issue then. Radio Shack might have been outdated, but that place was great for little parts as well as people who knew how to fix things. Thank you for answering, gofar99!
Previous Topic: building a workshop from scratch: where to start?
Next Topic: Expenses and other factors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:35:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout