Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Acoustic guitars for beginners
Acoustic guitars for beginners [message #87261] Thu, 22 February 2018 06:49 Go to next message
Snickers is currently offline  Snickers
Chancellor
What's a good quality acoustic guitar that is good for a beginner? I keep seeing articles that talk about whether this guitar or that guitar is for beginners. I guess I'm just not sure what the difference is between a beginner and a non-beginner guitar. Is it simply a higher price due to higher quality or is there something else to it?
Re: Acoustic guitars for beginners [message #87266 is a reply to message #87261] Fri, 23 February 2018 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
As long as you can tune the guitar, the brand doesn't matter. Since your skill level is still basic, a basic guitar will do just fine.
Re: Acoustic guitars for beginners [message #87273 is a reply to message #87261] Sun, 25 February 2018 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monster is currently offline  monster
Chancellor
You don't need anything fancy. I wouldn't go too cheap either though. I think that Yamaha has some great acoustic guitars that are relatively budget-friendly.
Re: Acoustic guitars for beginners [message #87278 is a reply to message #87261] Mon, 26 February 2018 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonardo is currently offline  Leonardo
Chancellor
You should check out Justin Guitar's tutorial about choosing the right guitar for you as a beginner. It breaks down a lot of different elements and lets you know what the differences are between guitar types and, most importantly, it answers your question about the differences between a beginner guitar and guitars for higher skill levels.
Re: Acoustic guitars for beginners [message #88221 is a reply to message #87261] Wed, 20 June 2018 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I'm also a beginner guitar player. My brother has a guitar at home that he is playing. I like to learn how to play classical guitar. He said that his guitar is good only for strumming and not so much with plucking. Is there really a difference which type of guitar we use for a specific type of playing the guitar?
Re: Acoustic guitars for beginners [message #90572 is a reply to message #87261] Sun, 30 June 2019 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Chancellor
I am planning to buy a guitar for my brother and I was wondering which one I should pick. I tried to follow the link that Leonardo shared, but it took me to an expired page. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you.
Re: Acoustic guitars for beginners [message #92489 is a reply to message #87261] Fri, 23 October 2020 20:54 Go to previous message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Are Japanese guitars still a thing? The Boss started out with one that his mom bought him for Christmas.

I'm sure the big brand names would have beginner guitars in their inventory.
Previous Topic: What's the enhancement here?
Next Topic: Affordable solid-state amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:34:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout