Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Critiquing Video's
Critiquing Video's [message #87253] Tue, 20 February 2018 10:13 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Does anyone else find themselves doing this? I ran across a video on You Tube that was made in 1975 for a song called "House For Sale" by a band called Lucifer. I thought the imagry put in the video was a really good fit for the mood of the song. Meloncholy is a good way to describe it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qL5-mF6Cv4

Do you think critiquing video's and songs helps you to narrow down what you really like?
Re: Critiquing Video's [message #87255 is a reply to message #87253] Wed, 21 February 2018 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonardo is currently offline  Leonardo
Chancellor
Thanks for sharing that video. I don't think I've ever seen it before although I've heard that song many times. I think music videos can definitely add a lot to a song. Sometimes, I think they can take away from it, too. I don't watch very many music videos these days, but I understand the appeal. I do critique songs though. Have any music videos ever made you dislike the song?
Re: Critiquing Video's [message #87268 is a reply to message #87253] Fri, 23 February 2018 18:42 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Music videos were on my radar back when MTV and VH1 were in their heyday. Now that both channels switched their focus to reality television, I've stopped paying attention.

Thanks for the reminder that YouTube goes beyond cat videos. I'll have to check some of the new music videos out. I'm surprised artists still make them.
Previous Topic: Music to alter mood
Next Topic: New Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:45:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout