Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Microphone for Podcasting
Microphone for Podcasting [message #87207] Wed, 07 February 2018 20:33 Go to next message
Reinhardt is currently offline  Reinhardt
Chancellor
I'm currently looking for a high-quality microphone that I can use for recording my podcast. I need a USB microphone that is compatible with my MacBook Pro. There are a lot of options out there, so I would be appreciative of any suggestions or advice you all have.
Re: Microphone for Podcasting [message #87246 is a reply to message #87207] Sat, 17 February 2018 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monster is currently offline  monster
Chancellor
There are a lot of options out there. Everyone has their own opinions about which one is best. I personally use the Samson Meteor USB microphone and I absolutely love it. It's not expensive either. What kind of mic are you using now?
Re: Microphone for Podcasting [message #87282 is a reply to message #87207] Mon, 26 February 2018 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reinhardt is currently offline  Reinhardt
Chancellor
Of course, everyone has their own opinions and needs when it comes to microphones. I'm currently using the Fifine Plug & Play Condenser Microphone. Looking at its reviews, it looks like I'm one of the few who has issues with it picking up a lot of background noise. It just doesn't work in my environment, I guess. I'll have to check out the Samson. The reviews certainly look promising. Thank you!
Re: Microphone for Podcasting [message #87525 is a reply to message #87207] Fri, 23 March 2018 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EParkes is currently offline  EParkes
Chancellor
That's odd, Reinhardt. I have the Fifine microphone as well and I haven't noticed any issues with background noise. What about your environment do you think is causing it? You might need to fix that rather than switch out your microphone.
Re: Microphone for Podcasting [message #87671 is a reply to message #87207] Tue, 03 April 2018 13:29 Go to previous message
Quest01 is currently offline  Quest01
Chancellor
I don't know if you're still looking for a microphone or not, but I wanted to throw one more suggestion your way. My buddy uses the Blue Yeti USB mic and he has never had any issues with it. It's a little bit more expensive than others mentioned here, but it's really not too bad if you have Amazon Prime and are serious about podcasting. That's my opinion at least.
Previous Topic: Buying used piano online
Next Topic: DAW suggestions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:27:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout