Home » xyzzy » Tower » Chassis Fabricator Source
Chassis Fabricator Source [message #87190] Fri, 02 February 2018 14:54 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone. I really didn't know where to put this one....Sort of commercial, but not at the same time. I'm looking for info. My go to chassis company no longer wants lots of under 100. A bit much for what I do. Does anyone know of a quality metal fabrication company that can take digital files (Eagle or Gerber) and turn them into end products...one that will do lots of 10 and 25. Even better if it is in the US.

I wold ask the moderator to put this request in the right place...but that is me. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Chassis Fabricator Source [message #87191 is a reply to message #87190] Sat, 03 February 2018 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Dude, I feel for you. I have used several machine shops over the years for chassis like that. Then I began to use Pactec cabinets which cold be modified to suit. I've shipped literally hundreds of thousands of products in Pactec enclosures, mostly communications gear. But my stuff could be put into plastic boxes whereas yours can't.

I still have a lot of metal work done, but it's stuff like 6160 aluminum panels and plates (cooling systems for the 12Pi hornsubs) and one-offs for various hobbies (like specialized hotrod car parts). I just have various shops bid the work if I need a production run done. For one-offs, I have a handful of local (Tulsa) shops that I've used over the years and I'm building a network in Northwest Arkansas. Two shops here can do light work.

One in particular might be useful for you, but then again, maybe not. Their distance to you might make them unattractive. They won't balk at the quantities you need though. They're a job shop. I've had them build me some brackets and machine some dowel rods out of stainless with specific holes drilled through them. So give 'em a shout and see. Tell 'em I sent you.
Re: Chassis Fabricator Source [message #87195 is a reply to message #87191] Sun, 04 February 2018 13:36 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Thanks, I will give them a call.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Hey everybody
Next Topic: John Mahoney Passed Away
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:26:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects