Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7pi plans and planning
7pi plans and planning [message #87185] Thu, 01 February 2018 22:56 Go to next message
sqbronco is currently offline  sqbronco
Esquire
Hello! I would like to request the 7pi plans.

I am an experienced subwoofer box builder, but am now about to build my first pair of floorstanders. I currently have 2 AE TD15m drivers, and am considering buying the midhorn flatpack with the included eminence driver to use as the mid. Currently using a JBL 2206 in a small ported box as midrange but would like something with a bit more finesse.

For the top end i have a pair of JBL 2450sl in 90x50 waveguides. Everything is currently crossed over active in a hodgepodge of three boxes sitting on top of each other for testing purposes.

Any general tips or experiences with the acoustic elegance drivers used in this design would help, but i dont mind blazing my own trail.

Thanks!

Tony
Re: 7pi plans and planning [message #87187 is a reply to message #87185] Fri, 02 February 2018 10:17 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

The seven π constant directivity cornerhorn is designed to be used with the JBL 2226H in the bass bin. We haven't tested any Acoustic Elegance in this design, but I do not think you would have any trouble substituting drivers in the bass bin.

The midhorn is a different matter. I would not suggest using alternate drivers unless you are prepared to do a lot of testing. The midhorn/tweeter coupling is much tighter than the midhorn/woofer. The low-end blends easily, but the high-end needs to be much more precise because of the wavelengths involved. Midrange driver cone shape is also an issue because it largely effects the upper frequency response of the midhorn.

Previous Topic: Pi7 parts for sale
Next Topic: 7pi plan and guidance request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:29:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout