Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Golden Oldies
Golden Oldies [message #87020] Mon, 15 January 2018 21:08 Go to next message
Perfect Storm is currently offline  Perfect Storm
Baron
Since we have a broad range of ages on here, I'm curious what you all consider "golden oldie." What decade do you think of? What kind of music or band? I know I think of the '60s and '70s, but my mother always thinks of the '40s or '50s ...although, of course, she thinks that the '70s have the best music, like so many people out there. What even qualifies as a golden oldie? Does it have to be from so many years ago or what?
Re: Golden Oldies [message #87024 is a reply to message #87020] Tue, 16 January 2018 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitt is currently offline  Kitt
Baron
That's a good question. For me, when I think of "golden oldies" the 70s come to mind. I think that those years were the best and I dare anyone to argue Very Happy .
Re: Golden Oldies [message #87031 is a reply to message #87024] Tue, 16 January 2018 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solitary is currently offline  Solitary
Baron
Kitt wrote on Tue, 16 January 2018 02:52
That's a good question. For me, when I think of "golden oldies" the 70s come to mind. I think that those years were the best and I dare anyone to argue Very Happy .

You won't get an argument from me! The '70s were also my favorite decade, music-wise. I wonder if the kids of today might one day say that this decade was the best...
Re: Golden Oldies [message #87088 is a reply to message #87020] Fri, 19 January 2018 13:27 Go to previous message
Aria is currently offline  Aria
Baron
I think that most people consider the Golden Oldies the 70s and 60s. I don't know if I would consider the 70s the best era or not. I think there was great music, don't get me wrong, but a lot of other decades have stellar music as well. I don't really know what the classifications are for something to be called an "oldie." I'd be curious to see though. I'll have to go look it up.
Previous Topic: Top 100 countdown
Next Topic: Running Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:57:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout