Home » Audio » General » Helping out your friends
Helping out your friends [message #86947] Sat, 06 January 2018 20:16 Go to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
Am I the only one that gets a little tired of my friends absolutely fawning over my sound system? Not that I don't love them and appreciate their need for help, I simply don't have the time.
Re: Helping out your friends [message #86948 is a reply to message #86947] Sun, 07 January 2018 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
I think I would like it if my friends pined over my audio equipment, but they are just into other things.

My brother loves all things audio, but he lives across the country in Southern Cal.

When he comes to visit around once every couple years, we goof about with my speakers and equipment lol.
Re: Helping out your friends [message #86954 is a reply to message #86947] Sun, 07 January 2018 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aria is currently offline  Aria
Baron
While it's always super flattering for people to fawn over things you've invested a lot of time and money in, I can see how it would easily get annoying if people kept turning to you for every little thing because of it. How often do they come to you for help?
Re: Helping out your friends [message #86957 is a reply to message #86947] Mon, 08 January 2018 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ziggy is currently offline  Ziggy
Chancellor
I don't often get audio questions, however, sometimes my friends do impose upon me for other things. I can see how one could get slightly annoyed at being the only expert in a field that is in the group of friends.
Re: Helping out your friends [message #86962 is a reply to message #86947] Mon, 08 January 2018 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
I'm usually the one going to my friends for advice about all things audio, and I hope they don't feel annoyed with me. It does help to have a forum like this one where you can have virtually any audio question answered in an instant.
Re: Helping out your friends [message #87270 is a reply to message #86947] Sun, 25 February 2018 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
I would get tired of it too. This is a learning experience for everyone at all times. Therefore, when I get tired of the questions I would just tell them "I don't know......Google it". then turn the conversation elsewhere.
Re: Helping out your friends [message #88365 is a reply to message #86947] Fri, 06 July 2018 16:46 Go to previous message
Floyd is currently offline  Floyd
Chancellor
I don't mind friends asking for my advice when it comes to audio - I'm glad they consider my advice to be worth asking for.

I do however have problems with people who just befriend in order to get information, or something else they want. And then they vapourise once they have got what they want. Luckily I don't meet many of those, but it does happen once in a while!
Previous Topic: News/Review Sites
Next Topic: Audio fairs in the UK and elsewhere
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:44:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout