Home » Audio » General » Poolside speakers
Poolside speakers [message #86846] Sat, 23 December 2017 02:32 Go to next message
Solitary is currently offline  Solitary
Baron
I've never had speakers outside by the pool and now I'm starting to think it may be a great idea to install some there. What do you think is the best place to position them where they won't get wet or damaged?
Re: Poolside speakers [message #86848 is a reply to message #86846] Sat, 23 December 2017 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitt is currently offline  Kitt
Baron
I think that will depend on how big your pool area is. I read in an outdoor speaker placement guide that you're supposed to have a speaker to cover each zone in your outdoor area, ideally.
Re: Poolside speakers [message #86902 is a reply to message #86846] Thu, 28 December 2017 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aria is currently offline  Aria
Baron
Honestly, I would be a little worried to have anything permanent set up outdoors because not only is there the pool water to contend with but weather and whatnot. I just use portable waterproof bluetooth speakers.
Re: Poolside speakers [message #86915 is a reply to message #86846] Sun, 31 December 2017 15:02 Go to previous message
Charlie82 is currently offline  Charlie82
Baron
I reckon that would depend on the kind of setup you have around your pool. Are there any covered areas? How large is your pool? I think Aria's suggestion would be your cheapest solution.
Previous Topic: Can someone explain the difference between....
Next Topic: Sound Matters Podcast
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:49:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout