Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2pi bass reflex as central channel?
2pi bass reflex as central channel? [message #86834] Thu, 21 December 2017 13:00 Go to next message
Jump is currently offline  Jump
Baron
Hi Wayne,

this Christmas I decided to give me a home cinema to combine with the hi-fi system and your 2pi tower!
But I didn't want to spend a lot, so I looked for good quality components in the used market:

index.php?t=getfile&id=2036&private=0

I bought an old Yamaha DSP-AX1 multichannel amplifier and a Panasonic DMP BDT-500 blu-ray player with all the current hd audio encoding. It also has analog audio outputs up to 7.1 channels, so I can skip the obsolete digital section of the Yamaha.

I already have the front speakers, the 2pi tower, but as central channel and surrounds... what do you advice me?

I'm thinking about the 2pi bass reflex, what do you think?

Giampiero - Italy

Ps: as usual sorry for my bad english
Re: 2pi bass reflex as central channel? [message #86839 is a reply to message #86834] Thu, 21 December 2017 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The best center channel speaker for a system with two π towers as left and right mains is another two π loudspeaker. That way it's matched. The tower version would be best, but the bookshelf version is a close second best option. Do not lay the speaker on its side.

Re: 2pi bass reflex as central channel? [message #86840 is a reply to message #86839] Fri, 22 December 2017 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
In this moment I can't put another 2pi tower in my living room... so I think I'll choose the 2pi bass reflex.

Could you send me the plans of the 2pi bass reflex, please?

Giampiero - Italy
Re: 2pi bass reflex as central channel? [message #86841 is a reply to message #86840] Fri, 22 December 2017 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Re: 2pi bass reflex as central channel? [message #86844 is a reply to message #86841] Sat, 23 December 2017 00:11 Go to previous message
Baron
Thank you very much Wayne!

Giampiero - Italy
Previous Topic: 2pi tower finished ... finally!
Next Topic: New 3Pi build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:11:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout