Home » Audio » General » Self-hosting streaming apps
Self-hosting streaming apps [message #86810] Sun, 17 December 2017 19:19 Go to next message
Aria is currently offline  Aria
Baron
Which self-hosting streaming apps do you use outside of Spotify? I've been looking into Cherry Music and Airsonic, but I'm wondering what other options are out there.
Re: Self-hosting streaming apps [message #86821 is a reply to message #86810] Mon, 18 December 2017 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charlie82 is currently offline  Charlie82
Baron
I haven't used it myself, but I have heard a lot of good things about Ampache. It can take a little bit of effort to set up but I know there are some detailed guides out there and from what I've heard, it's worth the effort.
Re: Self-hosting streaming apps [message #86862 is a reply to message #86810] Sat, 23 December 2017 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I knew there was one that I was forgetting to research - Ampache is it! Thank you for reminding me, Charlie. What are you currently using?
Re: Self-hosting streaming apps [message #86906 is a reply to message #86862] Fri, 29 December 2017 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I've used Pandora Internet Radio and Grooveshark in the past and liked both of them. Plenty of music to appeal to all sorts of tastes. I'm not sure if Grooveshark is still around though. I'm currently using Amazon Prime Music since I have Amazon Prime and an Echo. It's just easier to sync it up.

Re: Self-hosting streaming apps [message #86911 is a reply to message #86810] Sat, 30 December 2017 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
Personally I have never felt the need to look further than Spotify seeing as it has all the features I need but this is food for thought.
Re: Self-hosting streaming apps [message #86989 is a reply to message #86911] Fri, 12 January 2018 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Pique wrote on Sat, 30 December 2017 18:35
Personally I have never felt the need to look further than Spotify seeing as it has all the features I need but this is food for thought.

I can totally understand that. It took me a while to realize that there are other options out there that might have some nifty features I'm not getting with Spotify.
Re: Self-hosting streaming apps [message #86994 is a reply to message #86810] Fri, 12 January 2018 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I've been listening to Pandora for a while and I like the fact that I can find music for the oldie crowd. My hay day was in the early 80s and I love The Police etc. from that era.
Re: Self-hosting streaming apps [message #87004 is a reply to message #86810] Sun, 14 January 2018 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
I have Amazon Prime but I like Pandora better. I can set up channels that will play the types of music that I want at that particular moment.
Re: Self-hosting streaming apps [message #87027 is a reply to message #87004] Tue, 16 January 2018 10:47 Go to previous message
Baron
You know, I have Amazon Prime but I haven't ever used the music streaming. I always mean to and then I just, well, forget. Is it worth me trying to remember to give it a shot? I know you said you like Pandora because you can set up channels, but is there anything Amazon does that's unique, even if it's not something you really need?
Previous Topic: Aren't bluetooth and WiFi features the same thing?
Next Topic: Signal to noise ratio?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:18:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout