Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Rugs
Rugs [message #86792] Sat, 16 December 2017 00:08 Go to next message
Perfect Storm is currently offline  Perfect Storm
Baron
I know that carpet is the best for acoustics but we've got hardwood. I know that rugs are supposed to help with this but I'm curious if material and placement matter. I assume size matters, basically cover up as much space as possible?
Re: Rugs [message #86800 is a reply to message #86792] Sun, 17 December 2017 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
I've read a lot of conflicting advice when it comes to area rugs and room acoustics, but I think that a heavy rug on the floor will be way more effective than a lighter one.
Re: Rugs [message #86964 is a reply to message #86792] Wed, 10 January 2018 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perfect Storm is currently offline  Perfect Storm
Baron
Thanks, Pique. I've heard conflicting things about it as well so I'm unsure about some of the finer details but I agree with you - it would make a lot of sense for a heavier rug to be more effective than a lighter one.
Re: Rugs [message #87154 is a reply to message #86792] Mon, 29 January 2018 09:14 Go to previous message
Tikki is currently offline  Tikki
Baron
I think I recently saw a thread right here on this forum stating that laying or hanging rugs isn't an effective strategy, or am I mistaken? I'll have to look for that thread and quote it here.
Previous Topic: Commonly used acoustic treatments that don't work!
Next Topic: Best Acoustic Tricks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:23:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout