Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Mixing Console
Mixing Console [message #86776] Thu, 14 December 2017 12:07 Go to next message
Aria is currently offline  Aria
Baron
I've been looking into getting a mixing console but I'm worried about the potential for losing sound quality. Is that going to be the case with mixing consoles in general? Is it not a problem? If it is, does anyone know some that are better than others?
Re: Mixing Console [message #86890 is a reply to message #86776] Wed, 27 December 2017 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Mixing consoles enhance sound quality and makes everything sound cohesive for the audience. Digital mixers have a propagation delay which can be annoying to the speaker/singer wearing an in-ear monitor, but it won't affect the audience. Which brand and type you should purchase depends on what you need it for and where you plan to use it. They can be pretty costly, but you can find used models that are in good shape.
Re: Mixing Console [message #86988 is a reply to message #86776] Fri, 12 January 2018 15:33 Go to previous message
Aria is currently offline  Aria
Baron
Thanks for the help! I've read that some people have had issues with using mixing consoles and losing sound quality. From what I've seen, it would end up being pretty costly because it looks like the cheaper ones are the ones that usually have this effect.
Previous Topic: Guitars
Next Topic: The most complex musical instrument
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:25:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout