Home » Audio » Radio » Don't laugh!
Don't laugh! [message #86676] Wed, 29 November 2017 11:18 Go to next message
Kitt  is currently offline Kitt
Baron
Hey guys. I have a stupid question here, but I really want to know the answer. Why does my phone radio only work when the earphones are plugged in?
Re: Don't laugh! [message #86684 is a reply to message #86676 ] Fri, 01 December 2017 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote  is currently offline Lost the Remote
Viscount
Is it a Samsung model by chance? I had one that did that a few years ago. When I asked customer service, the answer was that the phone jack doubles as an antenna. No laughing from me, the issue bugged me enough to call customer service. I thought that it was my fault, like I had hit a wrong button that messed up my phone.
Re: Don't laugh! [message #86692 is a reply to message #86684 ] Fri, 01 December 2017 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99  is currently offline gofar99
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Hi, That is the answer. For some reason using the jack to connect to other gear (like an amp) doesn't act the same.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Don't laugh! [message #86873 is a reply to message #86676 ] Mon, 25 December 2017 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pique  is currently offline Pique
Baron
I certainly wasn't laughing because I'm one of those people who did wonder about that even though I didn't bother to try and find out the reason. It's great to finally know.
Re: Don't laugh! [message #87119 is a reply to message #86676 ] Mon, 22 January 2018 21:21 Go to previous message
Stephan  is currently offline Stephan
Chancellor
I had to find out what it was we were not supposed to laugh about, but after reading your question, I couldn't help the laugh that escaped from me because I remember wondering about the same thing some time back, only I was too shy to ask anyone because I didn't want to look dumb... Very Happy
Previous Topic:Holiday spirit
Next Topic:Having two car radios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 17 21:01:25 CDT 2018

Sponsoring Organizations

AudioKinesis
AudioKinesis
BuildAnAmp.com
BuildAnAmp.com
Crescendo Systems
Crescendo Systems
DIY Audio Projects