Home » Audio » Source » CD demagnetizers
CD demagnetizers [message #86608] Sun, 19 November 2017 22:00 Go to next message
Charlie82 is currently offline  Charlie82
Baron
I keep seeing "CD demagnetizers" popping up here and there but I am having some trouble finding out exactly what they do. I understand the basic principle, but I just don't really understand how they work. What part of a CD have magnetic properties?
Re: CD demagnetizers [message #86612 is a reply to message #86608] Mon, 20 November 2017 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Lots written up on this...as snake oil. The disks are optical and do not have native magnetic properties. For all those who have or want the device..go for it. It's not my dollars. And better yet if you think it works fine with me. Just don't bring one to my house. Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: CD demagnetizers [message #86825 is a reply to message #86608] Tue, 19 December 2017 19:32 Go to previous message
Charlie82 is currently offline  Charlie82
Baron
Well that would explain why I have such a hard time finding good information about how they work. Thank you for warning me about how it's "snake oil". I'm guessing that means no one here has had a good experience with it?
Previous Topic: What's the difference?
Next Topic: Record Player
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:43:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout