Home » Audio » Radio » Radio outdated?
Re: Radio outdated? [message #87680 is a reply to message #86586] Wed, 04 April 2018 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
I think it must come down to personal taste and maybe the age of the person. For me, radio is not outdated. I have modern sources of music and download podcasts to fill my need for audio documentaries. But I listen to the radio most days. I love to put on a music channel and let the radio host decide my playlist for the next hour or so. I also listen to radio documentaries and current affairs.

Sam
Re: Radio outdated? [message #87683 is a reply to message #86586] Wed, 04 April 2018 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shadowplay is currently offline  shadowplay
Chancellor
Does this include satellite radio? If so, I definitely don't think it's on its way out. If not, I still don't think it's outdated. The amount of time that I spend listening to my local radio stations is completely dependent on the quality of stations available and my musical preferences.

For instance, in my younger years, when I was a Top 40 kind of person, I listened to the radio all the time because there are always multiple stations available that play that kind of music. On the flip side, the stations that specialize (play golden oldies, "alternative rock" that's really just '90s grunge) can get old after a while. They play the same old things over and over again. There are only a couple stations I listen to now that play music that interests me without getting repetitive. If there were more, I'd listen to it more.
Re: Radio outdated? [message #87907 is a reply to message #86586] Mon, 30 April 2018 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soundcheck12 is currently offline  Soundcheck12
Chancellor
I think there will always be a market for radio regardless of whether you're listing to AM/FM or satellite radio. There's something to meet everyone's needs, nowadays, and that's the great thing about being alive today.
Re: Radio outdated? [message #88495 is a reply to message #86586] Tue, 24 July 2018 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TechFreakofNature is currently offline  TechFreakofNature
Chancellor
I do still enjoy listening to the radio on occasion. I only listen to the radio stations that play the genre that I like, and I like the blend of music and some senseless talking, especially when I have a long drive ahead of me!
Re: Radio outdated? [message #88781 is a reply to message #88495] Thu, 06 September 2018 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
TechFreakofNature wrote on Tue, 24 July 2018 11:58
........and some senseless talking

You must listen to politics. Laughing

Some of that late night talk radio is good for long night drives. George Noory and the like.

Nothing keeps you awake quite like people talking about alien abductions in the middle of nowhere at 2 in the morning. Shocked
Re: Radio outdated? [message #88782 is a reply to message #88781] Thu, 06 September 2018 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I love the "Coast-to-Coast" radio show, especially back in the "After Dark" days when Art Bell did it. George Noory seems like a really great guy and I listen to his show a lot too, but I must admit I liked it better when Art was at the mic.

I also like "Ground Zero" with Clyde Lewis.

Re: Radio outdated? [message #89085 is a reply to message #86586] Thu, 01 November 2018 17:25 Go to previous message
Pato is currently offline  Pato
Chancellor
It's not a coincidence, radio is definitely not as popular as it once was due to the rapid growth of the internet, among other factors. However, it is still quite popular and can come in handy at times, like when you are stuck in traffic.
Previous Topic: Creating My Own Radio Station
Next Topic: Don't laugh!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:07:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout