Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Finding best sound system for high ceilings
Finding best sound system for high ceilings [message #86580] Fri, 17 November 2017 12:50 Go to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
Hey guys. I have a question about how to find the right system for a house with very high ceilings. Is my regular system going to do just fine here, or do I have to get a new one that will work better in this setting?
Re: Finding best sound system for high ceilings [message #86582 is a reply to message #86580] Fri, 17 November 2017 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

High ceilings are good. Large rooms are good. Anything that reduces boundary reflections or moves them further away is a good thing.

What makes problems for acoustics are small rooms, especially with hard walls. Low ceilings, especially gabled ones, are tough too. Sometimes they make flutter echo so bad a hand clap sounds like a bird chirping.

Re: Finding best sound system for high ceilings [message #86699 is a reply to message #86580] Sun, 03 December 2017 07:11 Go to previous message
Tikki is currently offline  Tikki
Baron
LOL> that is so funny! I do know what you mean, though. I've been experimenting with the sound in our home and I've found that the rooms with the high ceilings are definitely producing better sound quality than the smaller ones.
Previous Topic: Why is drywall bad?
Next Topic: Room treatment for dummies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:26:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout