Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Where can I find affordable music books
Where can I find affordable music books [message #86539] Tue, 14 November 2017 10:30 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I've started teaching a few classes for underprivileged kids. I have a shoe-string budget to work with, most of the money is going to rent instruments. Where can I find affordable music books for beginners?
Re: Where can I find affordable music books [message #86621 is a reply to message #86539] Tue, 21 November 2017 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funkymusic is currently offline  funkymusic
Baron
My go-to answer whenever someone asks where they can get something "affordable" is Amazon. I would definitely check out there! If you have any local used book shops around you, they might also have something there for you. You could also opt for the non-book method and just print out free material you find on the internet, although I'm not sure if that would be more price-efficient in the long run or not. How many students do you have?
Re: Where can I find affordable music books [message #86683 is a reply to message #86539] Fri, 01 December 2017 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I've previously found affordable beginner music books on ebay.
If you don't mind buying used books, you might try there.
A lot of classical music has entered the public domain. The music composition itself is free to use. Take a look at this non-profit which has free textbooks and sheet music.
https://musopen.org/
Re: Where can I find affordable music books [message #86745 is a reply to message #86539] Wed, 13 December 2017 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charlie82 is currently offline  Charlie82
Baron
Lost the Remote is right. If you're looking for classical music you should be able to find free resources all around the web. Other than the great suggestions already mentioned, you could also check out sites like Half Price Books.
Re: Where can I find affordable music books [message #87484 is a reply to message #86539] Tue, 20 March 2018 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wren is currently offline  Wren
Chancellor
Have you ever heard of 8notes? They have a lot of free sheet music. If you get a subscription, you get unlimited downloads, unlimited playalong tracks, and some other fun stuff. You can read more about the benefits here. It's only $20 a year, so I don't imagine it gets much cheaper than that.
Re: Where can I find affordable music books [message #87497 is a reply to message #87484] Wed, 21 March 2018 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Try second hand music stores. ZIA in our area has some. Other second hand stores probably do as well.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Where can I find affordable music books [message #87499 is a reply to message #86539] Thu, 22 March 2018 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouroboros is currently offline  Ouroboros
Chancellor
All of these suggestions are good ones. I'll add one more to the list. You should check out your local libraries. They often sell books at really low prices when they're done with them.
Re: Where can I find affordable music books [message #87504 is a reply to message #86539] Thu, 22 March 2018 15:25 Go to previous message
shadowplay is currently offline  shadowplay
Chancellor
You could also try advertising in your local newspaper or Craiglist. There are tons of people who hold onto books they never use anymore because they don't like the idea of giving them away and ending up in the trash. I know it's weird, but it's true. I can speak from first-hand experience. People might be willing to give you some secondhand books for cheap, maybe even free!
Previous Topic: Removing background noise
Next Topic: Buying used piano online
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:30:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout