Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Breakaway careers - group not as popular as solo career
Breakaway careers - group not as popular as solo career [message #86499] Wed, 08 November 2017 15:27 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I was thinking about singers that I like who broke away from their groups that just weren't as enjoyable to me. For instance, I wasn't a fan of the Police, but I like Sting's solo music. I wasn't big on Destiny's Child, but I think Beyonce is amazing. What about you?
Re: Breakaway careers - group not as popular as solo career [message #86505 is a reply to message #86499] Thu, 09 November 2017 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funkymusic is currently offline  funkymusic
Baron
Oh, great question! I really liked No Doubt, but I love Gwen Stefani on her own even better. The only other ones I can think of right now are NYSNC < Justin Timberlake and Jackson 5 < Michael Jackson.
Re: Breakaway careers - group not as popular as solo career [message #86512 is a reply to message #86505] Fri, 10 November 2017 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I agree with you there, funkymusic. I can't believe I forgot Michael Jackson in my original lineup! I'm adding Diana Ross to my list too. I like The Supremes, but Diana Ross has an amazing voice and I prefer her solo music.

Re: Breakaway careers - group not as popular as solo career [message #86519 is a reply to message #86499] Sat, 11 November 2017 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
What about Lionel Richie and the Commodores?
Lol.
Re: Breakaway careers - group not as popular as solo career [message #86594 is a reply to message #86519] Sun, 19 November 2017 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
johnnycamp5 wrote on Sat, 11 November 2017 13:17
Lol.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I can name several successful songs by the Commodores from "Brick House" to "Nightshift," but Lionel Richie's work doesn't stand out. I think Lionel Richie gets lost in the background.

What about Genesis breakaways Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel?
Re: Breakaway careers - group not as popular as solo career [message #86599 is a reply to message #86594] Sun, 19 November 2017 13:12 Go to previous message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Strum Drum wrote on Sun, 19 November 2017 11:48
johnnycamp5 wrote on Sat, 11 November 2017 13:17
Lol.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I can name several successful songs by the Commodores from "Brick House" to "Nightshift," but Lionel Richie's work doesn't stand out. I think Lionel Richie gets lost in the background.

What about Genesis breakaways Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel?

Your correct I had it backwards.
I realized after id posted.

The Commodores are still active, my sister and brother inlaw still go see them in the Phil. area.
Previous Topic: Any metal fans out there?
Next Topic: Least favorite song
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:45:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout