Home » Audio » General » Hi Res Downloads
Hi Res Downloads [message #86421] Sun, 29 October 2017 11:58 Go to next message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
I was reading an article yesterday about the top 3 hi res downloads. They were listed as:

1. Carmen Gomes Inc., Thousand Shades of Blue( Sound Liaison)
[urlhttp://www.soundliaison.com/]Sound Liaison[/url]
2. Doug MacLeod, There's a Time (HD Tracks)
[url]http://www.hdtracks.com/{url}
3. Keith Jarret, Live at the Blue Note(ECM/HD Tracks)

by one guy. The other person in the conversation thought the best was
HDTracks 24/96 version of Fleetwood Mac Rumors

What is your thinking on the best Hi Res downloads? Where do you download yours?
Re: Hi Res Downloads [message #86432 is a reply to message #86421] Mon, 30 October 2017 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I'm so old that I had to do some research on this topic before I could come and post. I still need the hear the answer to this post by someone "in the know" about it. I'm trying to move into the 21 century but it is slow going.
Re: Hi Res Downloads [message #87164 is a reply to message #86421] Tue, 30 January 2018 12:55 Go to previous message
gstarey66 is currently offline  gstarey66
Chancellor
Hello,

Hi Res is currently quite a bunch of worms. IMHO at least 95% of what is out there being called hi res is not. As the music can be no better than the quality it had the moment it was recorded. Taking a low res file and pushing it thru a hi res anything does not make the original recording any better at all.

HDTracks and a few others actually are trying to capture music at peak rates and quality. That and using the original master tapes (assuming they were decent quality to start with) and making better than average quality copies of them can yield better than average records.

But, beware, most or what is being passed as Hi Res just isn't. The salespeople's mouths are moving and they are looking for your wallet.
Previous Topic: Magazines and ezines
Next Topic: Can you have too much bass?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:21:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout