Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Best places to buy non-standard instruments?
Best places to buy non-standard instruments? [message #86401] Fri, 27 October 2017 14:26 Go to next message
Leonardo is currently offline  Leonardo
Chancellor
What are the best places to buy non-standard instruments? I realize I could find them easily online but I don't particularly like buying instruments without seeing/touching them. Is that something I should get over? It seems like the norm these days.
Re: Best places to buy non-standard instruments? [message #86468 is a reply to message #86401] Fri, 03 November 2017 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I've had some luck finding uncommon instruments at estate sales, craigslist, and my local facebook buy, sale, trade group. Pawn shops around here typically have the usual variety - flutes, clarinets, trumpets, guitars, things that their children probably tried and just didn't stick with. Good luck with your hunt!
Re: Best places to buy non-standard instruments? [message #86474 is a reply to message #86401] Fri, 03 November 2017 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonardo is currently offline  Leonardo
Chancellor
Estate sales are a great idea. I'll have to look into that. I haven't had any luck with pawn shops, but I've never looked into Facebook groups. I typically don't like buying from sellers I have to meet in person for safety reasons. I realize now I've always assumed that's the case with the Facebook groups. Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks!
Re: Best places to buy non-standard instruments? [message #86506 is a reply to message #86401] Thu, 09 November 2017 00:51 Go to previous message
funkymusic is currently offline  funkymusic
Baron
Never would've thought of estate sales either. I would primarily look around online, like Madison suggested. You could always ask around at your local music shops (assuming they don't have what you're looking for). They might be able to guide you to the right places. I think it all depends on how non-standard of an instrument you're looking for.
Previous Topic: Turntable for beginner
Next Topic: First Guitar Amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:05:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout