Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Videos for cats
Videos for cats [message #86394] Thu, 26 October 2017 17:51 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I found some amazing videos for cats on YouTube. I've been playing them for my kitties and they can't seem to look away.
Who would have thought? Give these a try see if your pets are mesmerized. I bet they'd work for a dog too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUE6zqY8GOI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K1XKClRb38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atr9l6UpdFY
Re: Videos for cats [message #86395 is a reply to message #86394] Thu, 26 October 2017 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funkymusic is currently offline  funkymusic
Baron
Oh man, this made me laugh so hard! I had no idea there were videos for cats out there, but I'm so glad there are. I don't have a cat but I'm going to have to try these out on my parents' cats. I'll have to see if I can find one of butterflies, that's Pete's biggest weakness. Thanks for sharing these.
Re: Videos for cats [message #86478 is a reply to message #86394] Fri, 03 November 2017 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
We have folks out there that are really creative because how would one record a cat video that's 474 minutes long? I couldn't help but laugh because kitties would love such videos. I have also seen mouse videos for cats. I think it would be a lot of torture for them to see mice/birds that they can't catch. Laughing
Re: Videos for cats [message #90708 is a reply to message #86394] Thu, 25 July 2019 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mainecoonlord is currently offline  mainecoonlord
Esquire
Laughing

Yes, our kitten also loves them!

You can also try these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_-vRx-sZjY - 2 hours of 'string thing' game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlAZ3BmzbVM - three hours off various cat games
Re: Videos for cats [message #90710 is a reply to message #90708] Thu, 25 July 2019 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Laughing Laughing

Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Videos for cats [message #90808 is a reply to message #90710] Tue, 27 August 2019 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Back when I had a cat. Pre internet days. My favorite interactive playtime was taking a sticky fun toy and throwing it up against the wall. Thwack. It would slowly creep down the wall driving the cat absolutely bonkers watching that thing. Tail twitching, every muscle in her body tensed aching to get at that creepy crawly. Hilarious cheap thrills.
Re: Videos for cats [message #90823 is a reply to message #90808] Wed, 04 September 2019 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
Rusty, did you have the kit for making creepy crawlies at home? I loved mine! It was one of the best Christmas gifts I ever received. Back when cereal boxes still had little prizes I'd go for whatever brand had the jelly octopus that you could fling against the wall and watch it slowly "walk" down.

YouTube also has music tracks and videos for dogs. Some of these are meant to soothe the poor beasts while they're going to the vet. I have to say that was a failed experiment for me as my pup would not be placated by soft music. I don't have a cat. Maybe it just works better for them.
Re: Videos for cats [message #90831 is a reply to message #90823] Thu, 05 September 2019 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Yes I believe it was a cereal box prize. Shaped rather like a oblong football with ridges. The first fling on the wall I did, the cat damn near tried to climb up the wall to get at it. Simple things in life can be a treat.
Re: Videos for cats [message #90985 is a reply to message #90831] Mon, 30 September 2019 23:02 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I kind of remember that toy. Whatever it was that we had, our kittens loved it. You description sure sounds familiar. When the cats got older though they lost interest.

Meh........been there done that. Laughing
Previous Topic: Avengers Endgame: The End Of A Marvelous Storytelling
Next Topic: Once Were Brothers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:52:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers