Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Used Harp?
Used Harp? [message #86391] Thu, 26 October 2017 14:59 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
My daughters enjoy playing music, but it gets expensive for instruments, music sheets, and lessons. I saw an ad in the paper from a lady who is selling a used harp. The price is good compared to what I'd need to pay for a new one, and my daughters have expressed interest in it. However, it will be a pain to pick up and get it home. I'm also not sure what shape it's in. Is it okay to buy a used harp? Will someone like a guitar fixer be able to fix the strings on the harp? I don't want to buy something if I'm unable to find someone to maintain it.
Re: Used Harp? [message #86392 is a reply to message #86391] Thu, 26 October 2017 17:27 Go to previous message
Leonardo is currently offline  Leonardo
Chancellor
I think it's perfectly okay, but I would definitely check it out in person before officially paying for it. I'm not super experienced with harps, but I would imagine that any problematic wear and tear would be pretty apparent. I would try calling some stores that provide instruments around you and ask them if they do harp repairs. I'm sure they could at least point you in the right direction if they cannot.
Previous Topic: Cooling Fans
Next Topic: A Few Words About The State Of The Industry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:47:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout