Home » Audio » General » Best way to dispose old items
Best way to dispose old items [message #86375] Tue, 24 October 2017 11:57 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I once sold a sound system to a friend but after a few months he complained that it had malfunctioned. We later on found out that it got damaged as a result of poor handling. This got me thinking about the demerits of direct selling. Is it better to trade-in or sell to those people that but old parts/systems?
Re: Best way to dispose old items [message #86381 is a reply to message #86375] Tue, 24 October 2017 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, you know how it is: The only way to ensure you never have problems is to not do anything. And even then, stuff comes up.

Re: Best way to dispose old items [message #86481 is a reply to message #86375] Fri, 03 November 2017 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I would think that selling is better for you, however, you need to put a caveat on the sale that states it is "as is". Otherwise, the unscrupulous people out there will take advantage of your good nature.
Re: Best way to dispose old items [message #86482 is a reply to message #86375] Fri, 03 November 2017 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
I have to agree with Golden Oldie. Be sure that your ad or wherever you post your items, states that all sales are final and "as is". I hate to say it, but there are some really bad folks out there.
Re: Best way to dispose old items [message #86528 is a reply to message #86381] Sun, 12 November 2017 22:19 Go to previous message
funkymusic is currently offline  funkymusic
Baron
Wayne Parham wrote on Tue, 24 October 2017 14:47

Well, you know how it is: The only way to ensure you never have problems is to not do anything. And even then, stuff comes up.

Haha, I don't think truer words have ever been spoken.

It's true what others have said though - there are some bad people out there who are always going to try and abuse the system. Selling does seem like the best option.
Previous Topic: Systems that only play one type of music well.
Next Topic: Best place to download PC audio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:42:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout