Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Guitars with several necks
Guitars with several necks [message #86257] Tue, 03 October 2017 12:54 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I am just used to the 1-neck guitar. It wasn't easy for me to learn it. Interestingly, there is a 6-neck and 12-neck guitar out there.

Can you imagine that? I saw someone playing the 6-neck version and I just sat there with my mouth agape. Whoever thought of such instruments must have been a creative genius. Has any of you come across it before?
Re: Guitars with several necks [message #86269 is a reply to message #86257] Wed, 04 October 2017 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
I'd never heard of any such thing so I just had to look it up. I have even come across a video where six people are playing a 6-neck guitar. It is interesting that there are a lot of unique instruments out there, that most people have never heard of.
Re: Guitars with several necks [message #86352 is a reply to message #86257] Fri, 20 October 2017 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
I had heard of a double neck guitar but never 6-8 neck guitars. I had to go check it out myself on YouTube. There is a video of 8 guys playing an eight neck guitar. Amazing!
Re: Guitars with several necks [message #86362 is a reply to message #86257] Sat, 21 October 2017 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frankieg is currently offline  frankieg
Chancellor
I never knew the number of necks went that high! I've only seen double-neck ones and I'm not sure if I've ever seen one played (until today on YouTube). I'm pretty sure it's always been in pictures. Some of these videos are amazing! Still trying to find one with a 12-neck guitar though.
Re: Guitars with several necks [message #86433 is a reply to message #86257] Mon, 30 October 2017 12:21 Go to previous message
Zohanna is currently offline  Zohanna
Baron
I had never heard of anything but a double neck guitar. I've actually seen people play those. It is still kind of amazing that they can get such different sounds out of the same guitar, though.
Previous Topic: A Few Words About The State Of The Industry
Next Topic: Turntable for beginner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:17:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout