Home » Audio » Home Theater » What matters most to you?
What matters most to you? [message #86166] Wed, 20 September 2017 22:37 Go to next message
Frankie is currently offline  Frankie
Chancellor
There are so many more things to consider with making a decision about a home theater system to purchase than I originally thought. So I'm wondering, what's most important to you? Quality? Price? Easy set-up? A certain feature?
Re: What matters most to you? [message #86196 is a reply to message #86166] Tue, 26 September 2017 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
I stopped caring about the brand so for me, quality and ease of set up come first. Price is secondary since I wouldn't mind going for something pricey, if it met all the conditions I was looking for.
Re: What matters most to you? [message #86216 is a reply to message #86166] Fri, 29 September 2017 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ziggy is currently offline  Ziggy
Chancellor
I don't really care what brand either. I remember the first time I heard a really kick-ass home theater system. It was so cool that the cars went from one side of the room to the other. It made the whole experience so much better. Now, I just like it if the sound does that and the music isn't ruined.
Re: What matters most to you? [message #86221 is a reply to message #86166] Sat, 30 September 2017 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
What matters most to me is having a system where everything is in one place. The television screen, music system (CD player, record player, cassette player and 8-track player), speakers and storage for the liquor. Very Happy

They used to make them like that you know.

What matters most to me is the quality of sound.
Re: What matters most to you? [message #86233 is a reply to message #86166] Sun, 01 October 2017 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frankie is currently offline  Frankie
Chancellor
moss24 wrote on Tue, 26 September 2017 10:55
I stopped caring about the brand so for me, quality and ease of set up come first. Price is secondary since I wouldn't mind going for something pricey, if it met all the conditions I was looking for.

That makes a lot of sense. High prices can definitely be worth it if you're really getting what you pay for and not just a brand name.

Ziggy wrote on Fri, 29 September 2017 19:08
I don't really care what brand either. I remember the first time I heard a really kick-ass home theater system. It was so cool that the cars went from one side of the room to the other. It made the whole experience so much better. Now, I just like it if the sound does that and the music isn't ruined.

That's what happened with me! I was at my friend's house where they have an awesome system and I just knew that's what I needed. I haven't heard complaints about music getting ruined before. What do you mean?

Azuri wrote on Sat, 30 September 2017 11:27
What matters most to me is having a system where everything is in one place. The television screen, music system (CD player, record player, cassette player and 8-track player), speakers and storage for the liquor. Very Happy

They used to make them like that you know.

What matters most to me is the quality of sound.

Hahaha, storage for the liquor! Now that's something I hadn't thought about but obviously now need.

Quality of sound is definitely key in this decision. What kind of system do you have?
Re: What matters most to you? [message #86267 is a reply to message #86166] Wed, 04 October 2017 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Well, gone are the days when most folks would just walk into a store, pick up a system, and walk away.

Nowadays, there's a greater need to critically look at the basics and settle for something that meets all the requirements.

Above all, it is advisable to still compare prices of the same item. A better deal is always around the corner.
Re: What matters most to you? [message #86277 is a reply to message #86166] Wed, 04 October 2017 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ziggy is currently offline  Ziggy
Chancellor
I'm so impressed with the knowledge of the people on this forum. It is amazing to read the different suggestions and tips for different. I was one of the people who just bought it and plugged it in but no more. Thanks.
Re: What matters most to you? [message #86281 is a reply to message #86166] Thu, 05 October 2017 00:44 Go to previous message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Well, we all make mistakes at some point. I remember once making the mistake of buying a system, just because I'd seen it at a friend's house. I got more enlightened and nowadays I look at every detail, including things like warranty and easy of use.
Previous Topic: Floor-standing speakers
Next Topic: Uncomfortable furniture
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:22:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout