Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Songs You Never Get Tired Of
Songs You Never Get Tired Of [message #86154] Wed, 20 September 2017 10:57 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
We all have a song or three that we will never, ever get tired of listening to. It might be the melody, it might be the words, but something about that song just keeps us loving it decade after decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yYchgX1fMw

What's yours? Razz
Re: Songs You Never Get Tired Of [message #86199 is a reply to message #86154] Wed, 27 September 2017 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty. It's the sax that does it for me. It evokes the city life. Not really the "good" life or a "bad" life, but that space in between where everything is just ok, and you're ok with that.
Re: Songs You Never Get Tired Of [message #86220 is a reply to message #86154] Fri, 29 September 2017 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charlie82 is currently offline  Charlie82
Baron
Well, I wouldn't have thought of it without your Billy Joel song, but Piano Man is a song I never get tired of. Some other songs that come to mind: For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield, You Ain't Nothin but a Hound Dog by Elvis, and (my guilty pleasure) Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band.

Baker Street is a great one too.
Re: Songs You Never Get Tired Of [message #86272 is a reply to message #86154] Wed, 04 October 2017 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
Ever heard of Bob Marley's 'Redemption Song'? Well, I have never been a reggae fan but I can never get enough of this song. There are various renditions to the original version that sound as good. Another classic that I love is Tamia's 'Still.' What happened to good music?
Re: Songs You Never Get Tired Of [message #86292 is a reply to message #86154] Sun, 08 October 2017 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
I guess I'm not really with the crowd but I love Willie Nelson. Some of his songs that he wrote really have a great look into the soul of people.
Re: Songs You Never Get Tired Of [message #86373 is a reply to message #86154] Tue, 24 October 2017 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goodsounds is currently offline  goodsounds
Chancellor
Great songs! One of my all time favorites has to be Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. It's such a classic by such a legend. I just love how different each part of the song is but yet cohesive.
Re: Songs You Never Get Tired Of [message #93118 is a reply to message #86154] Fri, 12 February 2021 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
I love listening to Simon and Garfunkel's classic, The Sounds of Silence. It has such an eerie, and beautiful quality to it. And the vocals are wonderful. It's a great song.
Re: Songs You Never Get Tired Of [message #93140 is a reply to message #93118] Tue, 16 February 2021 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'm a freak for Red Sovine's cover of Juke Joint Johnny. Hot bopping country I sorely wish would make a return. If'n your feet don't get tappin to this, check your pulse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSTxGXoU9o
Re: Songs You Never Get Tired Of [message #93143 is a reply to message #93118] Tue, 16 February 2021 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
PinkHair wrote on Fri, 12 February 2021 22:56
I love listening to Simon and Garfunkel's classic, The Sounds of Silence. It has such an eerie, and beautiful quality to it. And the vocals are wonderful. It's a great song.
Have you listening to Disturbed's cover of this song? It's a pretty good one. I don't know if I would say that I'd never get tired of it, but it's a good song! Smile
Re: Songs You Never Get Tired Of [message #93306 is a reply to message #86154] Thu, 11 March 2021 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
I just discovered a little outfit called Black Dub. Right now "Surely" is sounding like something I'll be listening to for years. I'm sure the more of their songs I find, I'll find new favorites.
Previous Topic: Quentin Tarantino
Next Topic: Debris - television show
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:31:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout