Home » Audio » Radio » Podcast Recommendations
Podcast Recommendations [message #86148] Wed, 20 September 2017 06:13 Go to next message
Frankie is currently offline  Frankie
Chancellor
I've only recently started listening to podcasts. Well, a podcast. It's sadly over now since the show it was about is over. I'd love to find some more because I have to do an 8-hour drive frequently and audiobooks are expensive! I'm game to listen to podcasts about anything but would really enjoy something that either teaches you something or makes you laugh (preferably both!). Any suggestions?
Re: Podcast Recommendations [message #87460 is a reply to message #86148] Thu, 15 March 2018 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Dave Ramsey has some. He's a financial adviser and he's very good. There are humorous moments on his show too that break up the monotony of numbers.
Re: Podcast Recommendations [message #87474 is a reply to message #86148] Sun, 18 March 2018 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
There's a whole series of short podcasts called Quick and Dirty Tips that are worth trying out. You'll find advice about public speaking, to finance, to getting things done quickly. I'm a fan.
Re: Podcast Recommendations [message #87481 is a reply to message #87474] Tue, 20 March 2018 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jungle is currently offline  Jungle
Chancellor
Madison wrote on Sun, 18 March 2018 10:20
There's a whole series of short podcasts called Quick and Dirty Tips that are worth trying out. You'll find advice about public speaking, to finance, to getting things done quickly. I'm a fan.

That sounds like a great one! I'm going to have to give that a go later on today. Still Processing is usually pretty fun. I recommend it if you're into pop culture. If you're into history, Memory Palace covers a lot of random history trivia. It's pretty fascinating.
Re: Podcast Recommendations [message #87486 is a reply to message #86148] Tue, 20 March 2018 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wren is currently offline  Wren
Chancellor
If you're looking for a laugh, "Talk of Shame" cracks me up. It's all just embarrassing/shameful stories that are hilarious and often relatable. I've just started listening to "Odds and Evenings," which is very math-oriented, with some puzzles and games thrown in for fun. Sometimes, it gets way over my head, but it's pretty entertaining, and it's definitely educational.
Re: Podcast Recommendations [message #87534 is a reply to message #86148] Sun, 25 March 2018 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouroboros is currently offline  Ouroboros
Chancellor
I'll second "Talk of Shame." That one is really funny. Sometimes, the stories can be too uncomfortable for me. I'm one of those people who can't watch really awkward scenes on TV without feeling super awkward myself. The same goes for that show. "Memory Palace" sounds really cool. I'll have to give that one a listen. I like listening to ones about shows I watch, too.
Re: Podcast Recommendations [message #87717 is a reply to message #86148] Fri, 06 April 2018 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jungle is currently offline  Jungle
Chancellor
You should check out "Memory Palace," Ouroboros, and let me know what you think when you do. "Talk of Shame" sounds funny, but I don't know if I'd want to listen to stuff like that all the time. "Odds and Evenings" sounds informative. It sounds like it could be interesting so long as they're entertaining about it. I'll have to give that one a chance.
Re: Podcast Recommendations [message #87776 is a reply to message #86148] Mon, 09 April 2018 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quest01 is currently offline  Quest01
Chancellor
"Night Call" is a new show that's pretty entertaining. They cover a lot of random stuff, so the episodes can be hit-or-miss, depending on what they're talking about. It's witty and funny. "Revisionist History" is a really great one. It's done by Malcolm Gladwell, an author of some pretty amazing books, and takes a look at events/people in history that haven't gotten the attention they deserve.
Re: Podcast Recommendations [message #87857 is a reply to message #86148] Sun, 22 April 2018 07:48 Go to previous message
rarerat is currently offline  rarerat
Baron
If you like history an want to learn about all sorts of events, eras and historical figures try "Hardcore History" by Dan Carlin.

He's not a historian but a history enthusiast. For me, he really brings the past to life. He has a way of looking at things that encourages me to want to listen to him every day (which I do).
Previous Topic: Just in case you thought radio wasn't popular anymore
Next Topic: Installing your own radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:24:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout