Home » Audio » Radio » Having two car radios
Having two car radios [message #86138] Mon, 18 September 2017 21:41 Go to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
My friend was at impressed with the factory radio that came with his car, but rather than replace it, he got another one. They are all functioning but he prefers the replacement. Is there anything he'd have done to improve the factory radio?
Re: Having two car radios [message #86150 is a reply to message #86138] Wed, 20 September 2017 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Most times people decide to get a different radio because the factory radio cannot be modified or lacks such functionalities like the USB port. I have both radios on but I never use the factory radio. Seems a bit cumbersome to operate both, if you ask me.
Re: Having two car radios [message #86833 is a reply to message #86138] Thu, 21 December 2017 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perfect Storm is currently offline  Perfect Storm
Baron
I can understand why you would want to replace the factory one but I don't know why you would keep both, especially since it sounds like it's not really used when there's another option. What's the reasoning behind it?
Re: Having two car radios [message #87198 is a reply to message #86138] Sun, 04 February 2018 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
When I saw this thread, that is the question I had on my mind, too. Why keep both? Isn't it just better to be rid of the one and only keep the radio you're using?
Re: Having two car radios [message #87232 is a reply to message #86138] Thu, 15 February 2018 18:47 Go to previous message
Reinhardt is currently offline  Reinhardt
Chancellor
I agree with the rest of you. I'm not sure why you would need two radios in your car. As for the original question, I've read about some upgrade systems that are available for factory radios. I've never tried one myself, so I can't say how well they work, but you can read about them here. These might have helped out your friend, depending on what it was he didn't like.
Previous Topic: Holiday spirit
Next Topic: Spotting antiques
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:29:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout