Home » Audio » Speaker » Which is more durable?
Which is more durable? [message #85985] Tue, 29 August 2017 14:01 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Between wireless speakers and traditional wired speakers, which type last longer and can take a beating? I need several speakers for church and in the past, we had problems with frayed cords. Of course, wireless speakers might be known to fail in a different area so I'm asking here before I hunt for deals.
Re: Which is more durable? [message #86293 is a reply to message #85985] Sun, 08 October 2017 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Well, I am not very sure with durability because I've only used the traditional wired speakers before. Which ones did you settle on eventually? I'd like to hear your reviews about them.
Re: Which is more durable? [message #86312 is a reply to message #85985] Thu, 12 October 2017 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
I would think that the durability issue is about the same for both, discounting of course, the frayed cable issue. You will always have those types of things. As far as the actual speaker, I don't think there would be much difference. You will have connection issues instead.
Re: Which is more durable? [message #86319 is a reply to message #86312] Thu, 12 October 2017 17:43 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
For any public venue I would go for wired if possible. How nice would it be if in the middle of the sermon your speakers blared out some rap music from someone walking by with wireless headphones?

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: PSB Speakers - what is your opinion?
Next Topic: Are Harmon Speakers avoiding a middle-line speaker?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:35:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio