Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Movies with a musical theme
Movies with a musical theme [message #85912] Mon, 21 August 2017 23:30 Go to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I have memories from my childhood, of movies that either had a musical or dance theme. Who remembers 'You Got Served' or 'Honey'? I think that such movies normally remain relevant over a long time.
Re: Movies with a musical theme [message #85970 is a reply to message #85912] Sun, 27 August 2017 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kirkman is currently offline  Kirkman
Chancellor
I've heard of those movies, but I've never seen them. I think Disney has proven that musical movies can withstand the test of time.

I like to find recordings of stage musicals. My favorite find so far is a Sweeney Todd production from the 70s with George Hearn and Angela Lansbury.
Re: Movies with a musical theme [message #85972 is a reply to message #85912] Sun, 27 August 2017 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Ive always considered these types of movies to be called "musicals".

I always thought something like "Mary Poppins" was a musical?
Re: Movies with a musical theme [message #86103 is a reply to message #85912] Tue, 12 September 2017 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
I've seen both of those movies. I, however, like (showing my age) Footloose with Kevin Bacon which was a dance movie. Does anyone else remember that? Heck you young whippersnappers, they even mention that movie in Guardians of the Galaxy!
Re: Movies with a musical theme [message #86106 is a reply to message #86103] Wed, 13 September 2017 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

My wife loved Footloose. I loved Guardians of the Galaxy!

Re: Movies with a musical theme [message #86146 is a reply to message #85912] Wed, 20 September 2017 06:03 Go to previous message
Frankie is currently offline  Frankie
Chancellor
I agree with you guys - "Footloose" is a really good one!

I don't think I ever saw "You Got Served" but it sounds familiar. I did see "Honey" though! But if I'm thinking about movies in that sort of genre, "Save the Last Dance" is the first one that comes to mind. "Bring it on" is golden too.

I don't know if it counts, but "Amadeus" is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Previous Topic: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band 50 Year Anniversary
Next Topic: Mac required - get paid to transcribe lyrics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:40:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout