Home » Audio » General » What is better quality - MD or CD/DAT?
What is better quality - MD or CD/DAT? [message #85904] Mon, 21 August 2017 16:55 Go to next message
Zohanna is currently offline  Zohanna
Baron
I think that most people will agree that there are only subtle differences between MD digital and CD sounds. It would take a very good ear to discern the two. For me, I prefer the CD. How about you?
Re: What is better quality - MD or CD/DAT? [message #85906 is a reply to message #85904] Mon, 21 August 2017 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
I guess I've been spoiled into thinking that digital is better. I really like the fact that I can download practically anything I want and play it immediately.
Re: What is better quality - MD or CD/DAT? [message #85907 is a reply to message #85906] Mon, 21 August 2017 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoldenOldie is currently offline  GoldenOldie
Viscount
Well, I have to disagree with you there. I prefer the CD sound quality to MD, however, that being said, I really like the way the old vinyl sounds.
Re: What is better quality - MD or CD/DAT? [message #85910 is a reply to message #85904] Mon, 21 August 2017 23:03 Go to previous message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
At times, I feel that the discussion regarding quality is normally overrated and that you can get good audio quality in practically any format. I am not a huge fan of CDs since I like content that's easy to download.
Previous Topic: Free Audio Equalizer
Next Topic: The Videodisc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:10:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout